Some of our Services
Are you experiencing software problems? Will your computer not start up? Are there error messages and it will only boot in safe mode? These are some common problems you could be facing every now and then, for which we have the experience to find the cause and apply a solution.
We are happy to come onsite to your home or business and install your router, set up a broadband connection or help with any Internet or email problems you may be experiencing.
Wireless Network Problems
Today we all take wireless access for granted, your staff, clients and guests expect WiFi to be available wherever they go. Wireless networks can be set up to provide fast, reliable and secure internet access inside or outside your premises. WiFi can also be used to connect offices in different locations, this is known as a Wide Area Network (WAN).
Trouble with your computer network? Is the printer not accessible by all computers? Why can’t all computers save to the server? Why is our wireless network down? Our onsite PC repair service can diagnose and repair your computer network, from simple file sharing issues to a full computer networking solution.
A computer virus is a software program that can replicate itself and spread from one computer to another. The term ‘virus’ is also commonly used to refer to other types of malware such as adware and spyware programs.
If your computer is running slowly, programs keep crashing or it keeps closing itself down, you could be infected. Our virus removal service can clean infected machines and install computer and network security measures.
Different type of computer malware:
- Virus: A computer virus is a computer program that can replicate itself and spread from one computer to another.
- Computer worms: A computer worm can make use of vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac computers to spread itself automatically to other computers through wireless and wired networks.
- Trojan horses: Trojan horse program are a type of malware that appears harmless to the user but hides the ability to be malicious to the computer.
- Rootkits: A rootkit is malicious software (malware) designed to hide itself and the existence of certain processes or programs from normal methods of detection.
- Spyware: Spyware is a type of malware (malicious software) installed on computers that collects information about users without their knowledge. The presence of spyware is typically hidden from the user and can be difficult to detect.
Worms and Trojan horses, like viruses, may harm a computer system’s data or performance. Some viruses and other malware have symptoms noticeable to the computer user, but many are surreptitious or simply do nothing to call attention to themselves. Some viruses do nothing beyond reproducing themselves.
Computers infected with malware almost always suffer some sort of damage. Typically this damage takes the form of slower computing speed, program crashes, malfunctions and repeated error messages. Your email account may be accessed by the malware, sending messages that you did not authorise, or simply fill your screen with pop-up ads while you surf the Internet. While most malware has a purpose such as theft or email spamming, some programs are designed with no purpose other than to do as much malicious damage to your computer as possible.
- Financial Theft: One of the main purposes of malware is to promote theft. It is estimated that billions of pounds a year are stolen due to malware providing access to personal and business financial records. Some styles of malware automatically transfer funds to other bank accounts. Others provide a backdoor into your system, allowing hackers unrestricted access to your finances over a long period of time. Malware created for theft is designed to be difficult to detect so that it can stay on your computer as long as possible. It will likely not give the obvious warning signs of those designed to disrupt your computer.
- Identity Theft: Many malware programs are designed to steal your personal information from your computer. Your name, driver’s license number, bank account and other sensitive information can all be used for identity theft. This theft is often financially motivated, but thieves may also obtain fake identification with your personal information. This identification can be used to apply for social security benefits or open bank accounts under a false name. The criminal can then disappear while a warrant for your arrest is issued for failing to appear in court.
- Loss of Productivity: Once malware has been detected, it must be removed. In a best-case scenario, this will only stop a single computer from being used while the malware is being cleaned. In a time of ever-increasing computer networks, however, it is much more frequent that entire computer servers must be shut down and rebuilt. All infected software must be removed and reinstalled.
Every Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac computer should have good quality security software installed. There are free versions and well as paid versions.
Computers need regular servicing to ensure they run efficiently, just like cars. Old Word documents, emails and outdated software files build up, causing the computer to slow down as the drive clogs up. In addition, dust can collect inside your computer, impacting on its performance. Our health-check provides a spring-clean and MOT service for your computer.
A PC should undergo a thorough health check every six months.
For a fixed fee, our PC Health Check covers the following:
- A complete software and hardware diagnostic to pinpoint problem areas.
- Checking hard disks for errors and repairing (where possible).
- Remove internet history, clean out the internet cache and fix any other problems.
- Remove superfluous software and optimise the computer for faster start ups.
- Installation of Windows updates.
- Check for and remove any viruses and malware.
- A full virus and spyware purge.
- A ‘spring clean’ – your computer is cleaned inside and out to remove dust, etc.
- Advice on any problems you may be experiencing.
- Recommendations for upgrades.
If your computer is slowing down, you might not need a whole new computer, maybe you just need a few computer upgrades. We can assess your PC and recommend and install additional memory, upgrade your graphics card, install network interface card or a new operating system.
Hard drive died? We have a range of professional tools and equipment that we can use to recover your important data.
Need a Computer Solution?
We offer a computer and network design service. You tell us your requirements and we design a solution just for you, whether you need one computer with broadband, or you require a suite of computers and a company server.